The places on this section of the list are not exotic. They are rather ordinary places where I have experienced extraordinary things. Here’s the final ten spots of my top 30 list:
21. Olathe, KS, 1987-1999 – This is the town I spent most of my youth, where I grew up, made friends, went to school. Close to my heart for sure.
22. Overland Park Baptist, KS, 1987-1999 – The church where Jesus became real to me.
23. Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, 1999-2002 – The college where my theology began to take shape, as well as where I began dating the woman who is now my wife. I sometimes wonder if I still would have gone here if I had it to do over again, but can’t imagine what my life would have been like if I hadn’t.
24. Christ Our Savior Church, Chicago, 2000-2005 – The church where I cut my teeth on ministry. I learned so much there.
25. Antioch Bible Church, 2006-2011 – My church and ministry for the last 5.5. years. So many memories and testaments to God’s goodness.
27. International House of Prayer in KC, 2008-2011 – a church where prayer services have been going on 24-7 since 1999. I don’t agree with everything they do and teach, but admire the heart of prayer so much that I take personal retreats there several times a year.
28. Northwestern Hospital Labor and Delivery, 2009 & 2010 – the place where I welcomed my kids into the world with tears of joy.
29. CrossFit Arlington Heights, 2010-2011 – the place where I began drinking and enjoying the CrossFit Kool-Aid.
30. My house in Wheeling, IL, 2007-2011 – Our first actual house, with more room than we need and plenty of friends to fill the space. So blessed that we get to live here.