Speaking for your event
I enjoy speaking at gatherings, conferences, retreats, and churches. In recent years I’ve been invited as a plenary speaker at events and venues including the Society for Classical Learning, Dordt University’s President’s Weekend, the Center for the Advancement of Christian Education, and Redeemer University. My calendar tends to fill up at least six months in advance, but I am always willing to consider last minute requests. In addition to preaching, the topics that I enjoy speaking on include:
- The role of imagination in Christian faith, discipleship, and witness
- Imaginative apologetics and the beauty of faith in a secular age
- Cultural engagement & discernment
- The relationship of theology & culture
- Leadership, formation, and discipleship
Sample Talks & Clips
“Beauty and Belief,” plenary address from the Society for Classical Learning summer conference (Dallas, TX) in June 2022.
“Non-Reductive Curiosity,” a clip from “Interpreting, Fast and Slow,” plenary address from the CACE Symposium (Washington, D.C.) in October 2021.
“A New Name” a clip from the sermon “Making Names” (Pasadena, CA – June 2022).